Friday 8 March 2013

Works in Progress - WIPs

March 8, 2013
Well, I'd better get a bit more consistent, right?  Would you like to hear why I haven't been blogging - no?  I don't blame you!
Here's a few things I'm working on.  I offered to put together a 'Quilt as you Go' quilt with the blocks that my guild members made and quilted.  Finally I got it all laid out and realized that there is not enough fabric for borders and without borders, I needed more blocks.  Here's a photo of one block as I quilt it (I love the gypsy holder for free motion quilting and finally realized that on a small block or project I don't have to hold on to the handles - one finger works too).


Some of the blocks for the quilt as you go!

The 4-patch blocks are for my club's mystery quilt for this year.
The spring flowers are for our March guild - block of the month.  Flower pots and flowers - perfect for the season, right?  And the pot in the centre was made with that texture medium that you sew and then shrink.  Jackie http://www.jabotquilt.blogspot.ca/ did a tutorial on it. 

2 comments:

  1. k, you need to put up your follow' button...and I need to show you how to link in your post. Awesome job though!

    ReplyDelete