Tuesday 4 October 2016

The Road to Home Row Along - Day 9

I had the most exciting week last week with this row along!  Thank you very much to everyone who visited my blog!!!
First of all there were all the nerves in setting up my blog so that everything would work correctly on the reveal of my row – no problem with the row because I had finished putting it and the directions together the week before.  But setting up the code for the giveaways and getting it up on time.  And one of the giveaways didn’t get on correctly, but at least I was able to fix it.  If you’ve never participated in a blogathon or blog hop then, from my experience I can offer some views:
  • ·         If you’re the type of quilter who likes to challenge her/him self in trying new projects, then try a blogathon (I had done curved piecing before, but in preparing this row, I really focussed on honing my skills)
  • ·         If you’re thinking about setting up a blog, then try a blogathon – it will force you to blog regularly and learn more about presenting images and info.
  • ·         If you don’t have a lot of quilters in your area, then try a blogathon – you’ll meet new quilters and be able to discuss your projects with them
  • ·         If you’ve run out of projects (this rarely happens with quilters, but you never know!) then try a blogathon – on Facebook you can check this page:  Quilt Blog Hops, Events and other Awesome Quilty Stuff! Or follow Marian at www.seamstobesew.com to learn about different blogathons (or blog hops) Or search Google for ‘blog hops’
  • ·         If you’re learning to use EQ7 (like me), then join a blogathon to stretch your skills!


Now I am quilting my row so that it will be a small wall hanging in my front sun porch.  I’ll be showing it on Show ‘n Tell day on October 11, so stay tuned to see mine and other final projects!

Today we have 4 bloggers presenting rows that you’ll want to see!  I know I’ll be using these rows as souvenirs of lovely vacations!

Patchouli Moon Studio  at http://patchouli-moon-studio.blogspot.com


Elm Street Quilts at http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/

Sarah Quinn featured at http://www.seamstobesew.com


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I really love your row for the Road Home Row Along, but I cannot get the pattern. It seems to have disappeared from Craftsy with their new website. I don't want to lose the chance to get your lovely pattern, so is there any other way I can get it please. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete